Discover the Magic of Morocco in December
Morocco is a vibrant and exotic destination that offers a wealth of experiences for travelers. December is a great time to visit Morocco, with mild weather and fewer crowds compared to the peak season. In this blog post, we will explore the top destinations to visit, weather and packing tips, exciting activities and events, and how Stylia Tours can provide an exceptional travel experience.
Weather and Packing Tips
Morocco’s weather in December is mild, but temperatures can vary depending on your location. In Fez and the Atlas Mountains, the daily average temperature is around 57°F, and you’re likely to see some precipitation. In the north, expect rain and moderate temperatures in the fifties, while Marrakesh is warmer, with temperatures reaching almost 70° on sunny days.
When packing for your trip to Morocco in December, it’s essential to bring warm clothing, especially if you’re visiting Fez or the Atlas Mountains. You may also want to bring a rain jacket or umbrella for the occasional rain showers. It’s worth asking your hotel about central heating as some offer it, while others do not.
Exciting Activities and Events
Morocco offers a plethora of exciting activities and events for travelers to enjoy during the month of December. Here are a few must-see attractions:
- Tan Tan Moussem Festival The Tan Tan Moussem Festival is a legendary event in southeastern Morocco that brings together more than 30 indigenous tribes for camel racing, traditional dancing, and horse competitions. This colorful and lively festival takes place annually in late December and is a must-see for visitors to the region.
- Marrakesh International Film Festival If you’re a film lover, the Marrakesh International Film Festival is an event you won’t want to miss. Featuring a round-up of the year’s best Moroccan films, this film festival in Marrakesh involves open-air movie screenings in Jemaa el-Fnaa square. The festival usually starts in November but runs through December, so be sure to check the website for specific dates and screening times.
- New Year’s Eve Celebrations While Morocco also celebrates the new year according to the Berber calendar (the Yennayer, or Berber New Year, happens in January), December 31st is a lively night across the country. Some say it’s good luck to spend the evening under the stars in the Sahara Desert, but you’ll have just as much fun out on the town in Marrakesh or Fez.
Top Destinations to Visit in Morocco during December
- Marrakesh: Known as the “Red City,” Marrakesh is a must-visit destination for its colorful markets, historic palaces, and gardens. In December, temperatures are comfortable, making it the perfect time to explore the city’s attractions.
- Fez: Fez is Morocco’s oldest imperial city, famous for its labyrinthine medina and stunning architecture. December is a great time to visit Fez as the weather is mild, and the city is less crowded compared to peak season.
- Chefchaouen: This picturesque town in the Rif Mountains is famous for its blue-washed buildings and winding streets. In December, the town is less crowded, and the temperatures are mild, making it an excellent destination for a relaxing getaway.
Why Morocco in December is a Great Choice for Travelers
December is a great time to visit Morocco as it offers a unique and affordable travel experience. With fewer crowds and mild weather, you can enjoy the country’s attractions without the crowds and heat of peak season. Additionally, flights and accommodations are generally cheaper in December, making it a budget-friendly option for travelers.
Stylia Tours: Providing an Exceptional Travel Experience in Morocco
Stylia Tours is a local travel specialist that can plan your tailor-made trip to Morocco. With their expertise and knowledge of the country, they can provide a unique and authentic travel experience that meets your interests and budget. Whether you’re looking for a cultural tour or a desert adventure, Stylia Tours can create a personalized itinerary that suits your needs.
In conclusion, Morocco in December is a unique and affordable travel experience that offers a variety of destinations, weather, and activities. By visiting Marrakesh, Fez, and Chefchaouen, travelers can experience the country’s rich history and culture. With mild weather and fewer crowds, December is an excellent time to visit Morocco